Staff and Board Members at WHA are keen to support local groups and charities with fundraising whenever possible.
This ranges from a recognised foodbank collection point in the Association's office for Renfrewshire Foodbank. To a collection area for donations to the British Heart Foundation. Staff members regularly take part in fundraising events such as Macmillan coffee mornings and various sponsored walks, runs and swims.
- The Association supports, in particular, the work of the Accord hospice, with all funds raised at our Summer Gala days being donated to this very worthwhile cause.
- In addition, the Association sets aside an agreed sum of money on an annual basis which is used to provide donations to local groups, clubs and charities.
- Our most recent donations went to St John Ogilvie Primary School, we donated £100 which was used to purchase a drink and a snack for each of our children to enjoy whilst watching their Christmas panto!
- On 'Christmas Jumper Day' In December, our staff were invited to wear Christmas jumpers to work in order to raise funds for Save the Children. We raised a total of £62.00
- Cash for Kids has been a charity that we have supported for several years and we have succcessfully applied fro Cash for Kids funding. The organisation have helped us ensure the most vulnerable of families can provide at least one Christmas present for their children. Last year we made 79 applications and all 79 children received a £25 Smyths Toys voucher from us.