At Williamsburgh, we provide our tenants with support and advice on benefits. This includes:
- Benefit checks and assistance with claiming, to ensure you are receiving the benefits you are entitled to.
These benefits include, Universal Credit, Employment and Support Allowance ( and New Style), Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance( and New Style) , Pension Credit, Tax Credits, Community Care Grants, Crisis Grants, Hardship Payments.
- Assistance with Discretionary Housing Payment claims to cover the Bedroom Tax; and where there are shortfalls in Housing Benefit or Universal Credit Housing Costs that are causing you financial hardship.
- Assistance if you feel a decision is wrong, your benefit has been suspended or stopped altogether, overpayments or potential overpayments, benefit sanctions, changes in your circumstances, form filling, rent arrears, financial hardship, and assistance to apply for grants.
- General advice on any aspect of the Government’s Welfare Reform changes, and how any of these changes may impact on you.
- Advice on the new Scottish Social Security Best Start Grants and future changes to Disability Benefits.