Assign Tenancy

Assigning your tenancy is where you pass on your tenancy, including all of your rights and responsibilities, to another person (known as an assignee).

If you want to pass on your tenancy, please fill in this form. The person who you want to take over your tenancy must have lived with you for at least 12 months prior to your application. You must have previously notified us that the person is living in the property as their only or principal home. You must have lived at the property, as the tenant, during the 12 months immediately before making the request.

Assign a tenancy - Online form

Do you have a spouse/civil partner?
If yes, do you have their permission to assign your tenancy?
Are you a joint tenant? - All joint tenants must sign the application form
Are there any other persons residing in the property?
Is person 1 remaining in the property?
Is person 2 remaining in the property?
Was the house purpose built for someone with a disability or have any adaptations been made?
If yes, do you or a member of your household have a disability?
Click or tap here to add file
Click or tap here to add file
Is this property your main home? ( required )
Click or tap here to add file
Click or tap here to add file
Will there be anyone else living with the new tenant? ( required )
Does the new tenant (Assignee) or any person living with them have any medical conditions that will require the property to be adapted?
I confirm that all the above information is correct. I consent to this information being checked and understand that you may seek to obtain further relevant details in relation to my housing circumstances.
I agree that you can make any necessary enquiries in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This may include sharing information with council departments and partners. I can confirm that the above information is true. I understand that if the assignation is granted to the person detailed in page 3, that I will have no rights or obligations to the above tenancy. ( required )