Anti-Social Behaviour & Neighbour Disputes

We believe every person has the right to live in their home and community free from harassment, fear and disturbance from other people.

We know that anti-social behaviour can severely affect your quality of life and your community, so we take each reported case seriously and act upon complaints accordingly.

What is Anti-social Behaviour

The following behavious is unacceptable and should be reported, as soon as possible, to the Police.

  • Loud music
  • Animal nuisance, i.e. dog fouling
  • Vandalism, property damage, fly tipping
  • Neighbour disputes or harrassment, i.e. threatening or violent behaviour towards other residents
  • Substance misuse or drug dealing

What should I do?

If you are a victim of anti-social behaviour there are a few things you should do to ensure we are best equipt to resolve the issue; Please see flow chart below.


  1. Take responsibility, try speaking with the person in question, they may not be aware that you are being affected by their behaviour. It can often be the best way to prevent the situation from escalating, we understand raising issues with neighbours can be awkward but talking things through and avoid a lot upset if issues are raised early and dealt with amicably.
  2. If this does not work, try to remain calm and do not become involved in arguments or retaliate as this is likely to make the situation worse.
  3. Report incidents to your Housing Officer as soon as possible, if incidents occur out with office hours or frequent, we suggest keeping a record. We have some printable log sheets available to download below, alternatively keep a diary of dates, times and type of Anti-Social Behaviour.
  4. Report ALL incidents to the Police; you can call the 101 number 24 hours a day. It is important that each incident is logged with the police, as they will provide an incident number which will begin to create a case which can be useful if the Anti-Social Behaviour is persistent.

Without sufficient information it is very difficult to act upon complaints of Anti-Social Behaviour.

What will happen next?

Williamsburgh will record and investigate your complaint and liaise with other agencies including the ASSIST, Police Scotland, Victim Support and Social Services. We will provide confidential advice and assistance. Please rest assured that we will not give out your details to the person/people invloved in your complaint. You should continue to log any further incidents reporting them to Williamsburgh and the Police. We will maintain regular contact with you throughout the duration of the case. If appropriate we will encourage and set up mediation to resolve any problems.

We will take further action if necessary, and this may result in Williamsburgh seeking to repossess a property through the Courts.

Footer Disability         FOOTER FLAIR Words        Footer IFlair   Footer IIP Gold    Cyber Essentials Plus Logo