Tenancy Support

Our Tenancy Support Assistant Karen Johnstone provides an advice and support service to our tenants.

Call Karen on 07576 578627 or email karen@williamsburghha.co.uk

Karen Advert

Home Heating Support Fund

A £4 million Home Heating Support Fund has been launched by the Scottish Government to help families struggling with their energy bills. Applications must be in by 31st March 2021. We can make the referral on your behalf, please speak to Karen Johnstone who will assist you.

Scottish Child Payment

Scottish Child Payment helps towards the costs of supporting your family. It's a weekly payment of £10 that you can get for every child you look after who's under 6 years of age. You'll get the payment every 4 weeks if your application is successful.

It's up to you what you choose to spend the money on. You could use Scottish Child Payment for things like:

  • travel costs
  • nappies and other essentials
  • childcare
  • family days out

Scottish Child Payment does not affect any other UK or Scottish Government benefits that you, or any person in your household, currently get. If you want to know how Scottish Child Payment might affect local council allowances or grants, such as the Scottish Welfare Fund, you can contact your local council.

Only one person can get Scottish Child Payment for a child. This means, if two people apply for the same child, Social Security Scotland have a process of deciding who gets the payment. This is called a double claim. The process depends on the benefits that you and the other person are getting.

Help with funeral costs

If you need help to meet the costs of a funeral, and are on certain benefits or tax credits, then we can help you apply for a Funeral Support Payment.

School clothing grants

New applications for school year 2020-21 can be made from Monday 6th July 2020. If you already receive a clothing grant, Renfrewshire Council will send you a letter explaining how you can re-apply.

Best Start Grant and Best Start Food Grants

You can get Best Start Grant and Best Start Foods:

  • If your child is the right age for a payment  
  • Whether you're in work or not, as long as you're on certain payments or benefits
  • As long as you're the parent of a child, or the main person looking after the child We can help you apply. 

Help to complete application forms

The Scottish Government have announced that a new £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant will be awarded to help people who would lose income if they are asked to self-isolate. 
If you're asked to self-isolate and are unable to get the support you need from family or friends, you can call the National Assistance Helpline.
It can help with access to essentials such as food and medicine while you can't leave your home.
Applications will open to those on certain benefits through local authorities later this month.
Read more  bit.ly/selfisolationgrant
If you are effected by this and require any help with completing the application form, please contact Karen Johnstone on 07576578627 who will be happy to help you.