Cyclical maintenance involves the systematic inspections and servicing of certain elements in our properties, to ensure their continued safe and operational use. These include items such as:
- Gas boiler servicing
- Electrical installation condition inspections
- Smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector testing
- Gutter cleaning
- Common area inspections
- Communal ventilation unit servicing
- Landscape maintenance
- External and internal paintwork
- Roof anchor testing
Fire Alarm Upgrade (Chane to Fire Regulations LD2)
This service has temporary been suspended due to Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Following the tragic fire at Grenfell Tower in London, a Ministerial Working Group on Building and Fire Safety was established to review Scotland’s building and fire safety regulations. All homes will be covered by the new standard, as we believe that all homes should be safe for occupants.
The standard requires:
- One smoke alarm installed in the room most frequently used for general daytime living purposes
- One smoke alarm in every circulation space on each storey, such as hallways and landings
- One heat alarm installed in every kitchen All alarms need to be be ceiling mounted and interlinked.
Your cooperation in allowing access to install the new alarms at the earliest opportunity, will provide improved fire safety in your home.
The Association's policy is to replace smoke and carbon monoxide detectors every 10 years. When undertaking this work, we comply with the current Building Regulations which may result in additional detectors being installed in your home.
Tenants are reminded of their responsibility to regularly test smoke detectors. Further information on how to do this is available by clicking here.
Should any faults be identified, you are asked to contact us so that we can arrange for these to be checked and if necessary, replaced without delay.