PR0GRESS ON SITE – MILLIKEN ROAD, KILBARCHAN
Construction work at Williamsburgh Housing Association’s new build development at Milliken Road, Kilbarchan has stopped as a result of the COVID-19 restrictions. The Association’s contractor McTaggart Construction secured and closed the site on the morning of Tuesday 24th March 2020. The project had been progressing well, and a new completion date will be agreed when work resumes on site.
We are delighted to report that, before the site was closed, our contractor McTaggart Contractor achieved the following Community Benefits:
- The employment of 1 Apprentice Joiner (McTaggart Construction)
- 1 Apprentice Plumber (McTaggart Construction)
- 1 Apprentice Groundwork ( Advance Construction, Sub contractor to McTaggart Construction)
- 3 x Education Initiatives
- 9 x Work Experience placements
- 6 x Education Support Initiatives
- 4 x Work Force Training places
- 1 x Community Capacity
- To deliver a Community Enhancement project for Kilbarchan Community Council, this will be supplying benches for Kilbarchan Park, works are due to commence Summer 2020.