Our European Social Funded project Work:LIFE has been improving the lives of our tenants.
The Work/LIFE project generated a lot of activity from our new Community Flat at 0/2, 10 Lang Street. This has included 182 people accessing and 21 people into employment:
- Assistance with job search, CV building, application forms and IT skills.
- Support with IT Skills
- Confidence building, motivation and team work activities
- Help with Universal Credit applications.
- Weekly social groups.
- Healthy eating classes
- Six weekly courses to develop your confidence and improve your mental health.
- Information about other community groups and activities.
Mary who attended Digital Drop in said:
“It’s been a great help to me, as I was not computer literate and was dreading learning because I knew I would feel embarrassed and stupid, but the staff have never made me feel I was either.
I have enjoyed my time on the computer doing CVs, looking for jobs and logging on to Google and Facebook.
The staff have been patient, kind, supportive and calm, especially when I have made many mistakes and still do. They have also shown me how to correct spelling mistakes I haven’t noticed. I am pleased with what I have learned so far.”